Saturday, May 27, 2006

Life is NOT Logical

Was just talking to someone that day, and he told me that life in general is never logical. One can never be able to rationalise it. Oh well, and then another friend called me like minutes after and guess what? He started to tell me about relationship problems and its adverse effects on life in general. How coincidental? And that made me seriously sit down to think about the statement that one can never reason life. I guess most importantly is to accept it the way it is. No matter how bad it may seem, there will always be a turning point. To be able to turn to something which the Lord thinks is better for you. I'm waiting for that day to come. For him to show me what is out there for me. To show me the light and the sparks of life. That's the message that I want to bring across today I guess. That life can never be explained in words, not rationally analyzed. But most importantly is hope. I know it's difficult to hope in despair. But having thought of the people that are worse off than you, I realised that I should consider myself very fortunate. Initially, was supposed to go for a road trip this weekend and then I hurt my ankle, so we cancelled the trip. Was something I really looked forward to I guess after being stuck in the country for the past 3 weeks. And after having to cancel it, I was really really upset and disappointed. But having thought about it, at least I still have my family and friends who care about me and love me. In other words, I am still very lucky.

Have been watching my favourite HK drama serials recently, and came to this really touching serial (though I don't have the last episode, but it's still really nice overall). It reflects the life of a family where everyone took each other for granted, and upon the loss of one family member, they became so devasted and every single member of the family started losing their direction and motivation in life, living in denial. Well, that's my point, life is so unpredictable and delicate, You just never know what will happen next. So treasure what you have now and be happy and satisfied; and that's the only way to live life to the fullest! Furthermore, life is just so funny, you can't explain it cause it's just so illogical. But that is life, always treasure what you have around you before it's too late; be it your friends or family. No one person is replaceable, each person has engraved a milestone in your heart, so treasure the present and be contented with what you already have. Be more observant and appreciative of the people around you and you'll realise how important each figure in your life is and how many things you have taken for granted - be it the little kind gestures that people have done or little sacrifices that your loved ones have done for you. It is so common to live in denial or even not realise these little actions which mean so much; as such, we never appreciate the finer things in life. However, these truly are the gems in one's life, that will indeed light the faces of many...

And from today, I'll start working hard on my studies/career and learn to greater appreciate the finest things in life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home